The Fall season has arrived and there’s nothing more beautiful and humbling than the sight of fall foliage that comes with it. The colors of the changing leaves is incredibly pleasing to the eye but also a swift reminder that the only constant is change and even Mother Nature needs time for renewal. Fall leaves blanketing the earth while the trees become bare help us realize how vital it is to savor what we have before it’s gone and to embrace the present moment…
This is also the time of year when I like to simplify my wardrobe and start wearing more toned down earth tones. And what better wardrobe staple to welcome in this new season than the Little Black Dress.
No other wardrobe piece is as iconic, versatile and timeless as the little black dress. Every woman certainly has one or two tucked away in her closet but you really can’t have too many. This season there are so many options on the market to choose from for every aesthetic, budget and fit.
Today I want to share some of my favorite black dresses that will take you through the season in style and tips on how to wear them.
What I love most about LBDs are the countless ways you can style them. You can dress them up or down and the options to accessorize are endless. I’m wearing a stunning black dress from Farm Rio that features a very sexy open back detail (what’s not to love!). I paired it with my current favorite statement boots from Schutz. Since the front of the dress is rather plain, the metallic silver in the boots help to counteract that and elevates the dress exceptionally well. I finished off the look with an evening blue structured crossbody bag from Piper and Skye and a very fitting burnt orange lipstick from Smashbox to match the fall vibes.
Style Tips to Pull-Off Little Black Dresses
* Black is a traditionally slimming color for any body shape. Don’t be afraid to pick a body-hugging style that will show off your natural curves while still looking classy.
* Fabric makes all the difference. Pick stretchy and warmer knit fabrics in the fall. Looser and airier cotton works best in the summer.
* Go bold with your accessories. LBD is a perfect canvas for chunkier statement necklaces, chain belts and hoops. And it works great with both golden and silver tones.
* There are also many footwear options to pair. Try knee-high boots like I’m wearing here, or go for a more casual look with white sneakers, sophisticated look with pumps or boho with gladiator sandals.
* Add a fall lipstick color. I am currently loving burnt oranges, burgundy reds and deep purples.