Ok, so we all know that lifting weights in addition to cardio is good for you, right? But sometimes dealing with heavy weights – hauling and storing them – is not very practical or even possible at home. This is why me and Maxim wanted to show you how to get a full workout: upper body, core & lower body with just a single dumbbell!
Look into your closet and find that lonely dumbbell that’s been collecting dust ever since you lost it’s pair during the move. That’s all you are going to need! For these workouts, I used a 15 pound dumbbell and Maxim used a 30 pound one. Adjust the number of reps depending on the weight that you have – do more reps if using a lighter weight, less if going heavier. We used an adjustable dumbbell set that can be helpful as well but you don’t need to have one.
1. Shoulder Press – 3 sets x 10 per arm
2. Back Row – 3 sets x 20 reps
3. Front Raise – 3 sets x 10 reps
1. Dumbbell Deadlift – 3 sets x 15 reps
2. Russian Twist – 3 sets x 15 per side
3. Leg Raise – 3 sets x 15 reps
1. Squats – 3 sets x 20 reps
2. Single-Leg Deadlift – 3 sets x 10 per leg
3. Lunges – 3 sets x 10 per leg
GET THE EQUIPMENT
Don’t forget to reward yourself! Take a hot bubble bath tonight and listen to your favorite podcast or an audiobook. I always love listening to “This American Life” podcast that drops every Sunday and has great stories about people and events from around this country.